When a dog is adopted, he soon becomes another member of the family. Therefore, it is normal for everyone to want to give the best for the animal’s comfort. So keeping it well hydrated using the best dog drinking fountain of 2020 is crucial, even more so if the diet that will be implemented in it is industrialized food, dry food.
Adequately hydrated, your dog will be able to maintain health and vigor even in the hottest months. However, buying the best dog waterer on the market is not so simple. Due to its variety of materials, sizes, and types, you may end up feeling lost. But rest assured, this article will help you!
The most important
- The size of your dog is the starting point for purchasing a suitable waterer. The bigger your partner, the more water he needs to drink. Therefore, an option that offers only half a liter or a liter will not be enough for him, especially if you spend many hours away from home.
- The material of a dog drinker is essential. Some plastic drinkers may contain compounds that are hazardous to your dog’s health. On the other hand, if your four-legged companion is allergic, you should buy a hypoallergenic drinker.
- If your dog tends to drink little water, and the idea that this is the result of some illness has already been ruled out, the best options are automatic fountains or fountains. This model of drinking fountain offers the liquid in continuous movement. This way, the water will attract the animal’s attention, and, also, it will always be fresh for consumption.
Ranking: The best dog waterer models on the market
As already explained, choosing the best dog waterer can be very complicated. So that you don’t despair and end up converting this search into something full of frustrations, this Purchasing Guide was made so that you understand more about some of the best dog drinking models on the market.
Xiaomi Electric Dog Drinker
The proof that high technology has arrived in all possible products is this model of Xiaomi electric drinker. This piece has a capacity of up to 2 liters of water and has a minimum and maximum sensor, helping to measure the liquid served to your best friend.
In addition, it has an internal filter and a pump that keeps the water moving, renewing it and keeping it fresh for the dog. Made of acrylic, the bowl part is easily removable for cleaning.
Torus Automatic Dog Drinker
His model of dog waterer from Torus is a great success in the market. It is automatic, so to use it is very simple: fill your reservoir (in this case it supports 2 liters of water, but it also has the 1-liter version) and put it in the function of the figure of the dog, and he will start to pour it himself the water in the reservoir.
Because its base is made of high-grip rubber, it does not slide across the floor. Also, it only pours enough water to fill the base of the container, preventing the dog from spreading water on the sides when drinking, making the environment cleaner and healthier for the animal itself.
Raiapet Waterfall for Dogs Cascata
Indeed, this model from Raiapet is one of the best cost-benefits in the market. Of the cascade type, you need to fill the water reservoir and plug it into the outlet. The machine will be draining water from its base, becoming a beautiful attraction for the animal to fulfill its physiological need.
It has a charcoal filter, the material responsible for always leaving the water at an optimal pH and regulating the water flow, keeping the waterfall in the most pleasant way possible for your great friend.
Braslu Dog Drinker Silicone Mat
This Braslu model is a wonderful contribution of design to everyday needs. This silicone mat is foldable and can be taken anywhere you go. There are two “pots” in it: one for food and the other for water.
In addition, the brand is also concerned with the health of the animal and therefore uses a non-toxic silicone to prevent allergies in your best friend. Another advantage of this model is also its practicality to clean it and obviously, its extremely competitive price.
Drinking Fountain for Dogs Bilha
To close this list, nothing better than showing another model among the market’s various options. This option is gaining many fans due to its practicality for those people who need to leave their dogs alone for a few hours.
In this product, you can make water (supports up to 500 ml) and food (supports up to 200 ml) available simultaneously. The great advantage of this model is that the water only comes out of the beak when the dog flicks its tongue. That is, the animal needs to lick its beak so that the water is gradually released, being a great option against waste and avoiding the dirt of the space and your dog, in addition to being extremely fun for the dear animal.
Shopping Guide: What you should know about the dog waterer
As you may have noticed after seeing the previous Ranking, the world of the best dog drinking fountains on the market is more complicated than it looks at first. There are many formats, the materials that are made, and the operating systems they offer. So it is very normal for doubts to arise. Below are some of the most frequent ones answered.
What is a dog drinker, and what is it for?
A dog drinker is simply a container or container in which water is deposited so that your pet can quench its thirst. Although some drinkers claim to be an exclusive container for dogs, most of them are universal containers.
Keeping your best friend hydrated, is essential to your pet’s health. Therefore, the best dog drinkers, whether cheap or expensive, are usually available in varying sizes. That way, it is possible to buy the most suitable for your pet’s size or even according to the amount of them that inhabit your home. The containers are also made of different materials, which will be analyzed in the following section.
What types of materials can a dog drinker be made from?
- In general, the best dog drinkers on the market can be made from three main types of materials: plastic, metal (mainly stainless steel), and ceramic. It is essential to understand what benefits are offered to the dog by each of these materials and the owner. From there, you can choose one type or another:
- Plastic: The dog drinker made of plastic is usually cheaper. Undoubtedly, this is a point in favor. Also, it is the most comfortable to take on trips. Despite these advantages, you must be sure when choosing that the plastic waterer is of high quality and is free of BPA (a harmful compound in the long run).
On the other hand, cleaning this type of drinking fountain can become a real martyrdom. This is due to the plastic being susceptible to scratches that can become a perfect opening for the proliferation of all types of bacteria. As such, they may require daily maintenance.
- Metal: The best metal dog drinker model is usually made of stainless steel. This type of bowl stands out because of the ease when cleaning. Stainless steel, unlike plastic, is not porous, so the presence of bacteria is quite tricky. They also have a longer service life compared to plastic.
In addition to hygiene and durability, the best stainless steel dog drinkers are more expensive than plastic models, but the difference is not significant. Many have a firm, non-slip base. This is great for those cases of damaged or restless dogs.
- Ceramics: The best drinking bowls for ceramic dogs usually also have aesthetic advantages. Like the food bowls made of the same material, many of them have details or symbols that usually attract attention. They are usually also heavy, being difficult to move by dogs, or even turned.
As a negative point, some experts report that the ceramic has a porosity very similar to the plastic dog drinker, resulting in the same hygiene problem. Also, if they are not of excellent quality, they can be broken easily. Therefore, its lower resistance compared to plastic or metal options is a disadvantage that must be considered.
How should the ideal dog drinker option be produced?
After choosing the type of material that best suits your needs and those of your dog, you need to analyze the other aspects that are also part of a good dog drinker. The first one remains something related to the material, which must be hypoallergenic to avoid possible health problems for the animal. The second is that its shape must allow quick and easy cleaning. After all, the finishing of the material must also adapt to your dog’s condition. For example, if you buy a very good dog drinker, but your pet, for some reason, is unable to use it properly, it may avoid drinking water, resulting in big problems for everyone.
About the base, make sure that it is non-slip, as it will prevent your dog from moving the waterer or even turning it around.
What types of dog drinkers are there?
First of all, among the main models of drinking fountains for dogs, there are those classics that are placed on the floor (thanks to its non-slip base) or at a certain height. This type of dog drinker is often sold in a double bowl format, allowing you to put water and food simultaneously. This model is the cheapest on the market and no longer requires any additional expenses once purchased.
In addition to those presented, there are fountains or automatic drinking fountains. Some of them have tanks of several liters (ideal for large dogs), others use closed circuits and are attractive for the animal to drink.
It is also possible to find a drinking fountain for dogs made especially for dogs with many fur or big ears (to prevent them from soaking these parts).
What are the advantages of an automatic or deposited dog drinker?
New technologies have made it possible to develop drinkers for automatic or deposited dogs. Similarly, the creativity of the most different brands also paved the way for new and varied formats. Also, these new models have several advantages over more traditional drinking fountains.
- Some models allow you to configure and control them from anywhere, using a mobile device;
- Its storage capacity is very varied, so there are options for all types of dogs (size or frequency that needs to drink water);
- Because they have deposits or closed circuits, the dog cannot turn or waste water, so even if he leaves the house, he can rest assured that his friend will not be without hydration;
- They show water through continuous movements or water jets;
- They have filters to prevent bad odor and bad taste in the water;
- Some models have additional filters to eliminate small residues that may fall into the water.
- The best options are not the cheapest (although they pay off in the long run);
- The filters must be changed every two or four weeks, resulting in a small extra expense, as these replacements are not very expensive.
Is the dog drinker with two containers worth it?
It depends. In principle, you may think so, because that way you can offer more water or combine food and drink. However, it may be that your dog does not adapt to the situation and, in addition, perhaps with his own way of eating, he begins to dirty the water with the feed.Although dogs are not as cautious about hygiene as cats, perhaps a situation like this can result in an unwillingness to hydrate.
Where is the best place to put the dog waterer?
Fortunately, dogs are not as inconsistent as cats, at least, when looking at a general aspect. Thus, positioning the dog waterer somewhere in the house should not be such a complicated task. It should be placed in a quiet and inviting place for the dog to drink. Also, it shouldn’t be close to the place of food so that it is not contaminated.
What is a dog drinker filter, and what is it for?
One of the advantages of the best dog drinkers, whether automatic or with water tanks, is that they usually have one or more filters. The main one is the filter made of carbon. With it, it is possible to avoid a possible lousy smell or bad taste of the water. This is very important, because if your partner feels that the water is smelly, he may stop taking it. On the other hand, other filters help eliminate waste and unwanted agents from the water. For example, dust or food (especially if it is close to the water cooler) and other elements can end up falling into the water and contaminating it. You don’t want that for your best friend. So, these types of filters serve to keep the water always clean.
Why is the type of base so crucial in a dog drinker?
In general, the best dog waterer certainly has an excellent non-slip base. The materials present in these bases are generally also hypoallergenic. Many manufacturers even resort to elements of natural origin to make this object. That way, your dog’s health will never be at stake, and you can rest easy. The non-slip bases allow the drinker to remain immobile in the place where it was positioned for the animal’s consumption. Thanks to them, it is possible to prevent the dog from turning the bowl or even leaving the entire floor wet. Large pieces, such as drinking fountains with deposits, generally have smaller bases but added to the whole piece’s weight and can adhere to the floor with great ease.